API Testing: Challenges and Best Practices
sponsored by Parasoft Corporation
Taking service oriented-architecture (SOA)'s "building block" approach to the next level, application programming interfaces (APIs) have become a hugely popular strategy for bringing services to a broad base of customers across the world-wide development ecosystem.
But this extreme exposure of services as APIs gives rise to four unique challenges:
- A significantly increased attack surface area
- High potential for unintentional or malicious misuse
- The need to provide API consumers a test environment
- And exceptionally unpredictable demand.
Read this white paper to discover:
- Why many SOA testing strategies are equally effective for API testing that addresses these four challenges
- How to leverage and extend the core tenets of SOA testing to ensure that your APIs are built to survive the extreme they'll face "in the wild"
- And five API testing "must haves".
(THIS RESOURCE IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.)